CC Radio

Friday, September 11, 2009

An Update On My Health...

Funny...the reason blogs (web logs) were created was to give others a detailed daily log of your personal life (sorry I think that is TMI for the WWW). But I did want to get those who are interested and concerned with my health issues a bit of an update.

As some of you know I have been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease for a little over six years. It is an auto-immune disorder that is, according to the medical professionals, incurable. I have been taking the advise (various medications) of the medical professionals, as well as trying to eat right and take various holistic approaches. Both of which have had limited success.

Many of you have noticed the ulcers in my mouth and lips within the last 4 months to a year. This has been the latest symptom along with constant Colitis.

My Doctor has placed me on Steroids again. Steroids temporarily fix all of the symptoms but are not a good long-term solution. As a matter of fact, you can not stay on them too long because they are dangerous to your body and when you get off of them your symptoms often get worse. So it is used as a bridge drug to take you to a longer solution.

So I am now trying a new Drug (about 10 years on the market) call Remicade next week. They must run various tests (all of which I past this week) before you start. Remicade is a biologic infusion that takes about 3-4 hours through IV. I start this Tuesday and ramp up in two weeks. After two weeks I will get them every 4-5 weeks for as long as it helps (the plan is the rest of my life).

So thank you for praying for me (for those of you who knew about it). And if you know the Lord Jesus Christ would you agree with me in prayer for strength and healing? Thank you.....

Here is what God has spoken to my heart during the six years of this of this journey and it still is true to my heart today;

Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (12) Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. (13) And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

1 comment:

All Things Good and Gracious said...

Hello Pastor Cuff. I am formerly from Calvary Chapel Chino Hills and have been in the valley for about 2.5 years now. Pastor Jack Hibbs...I believe...was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease a while back and had amazing results with a certain type of whole foods diet. He spoke very highly of it and said that it contributed to him being removed from his medication. They additionally made information available to the congregation and I was attending workshops just prior to my leaving Chino Hills. You might want to call him to discuss :) God bless you.

Marie DeLorenzo