CC Radio

Saturday, March 14, 2015

When Life Seems Uncertain


Being human has its highs and lows and often at the speed of fast or slow. Rarely do we find ourselves without concern and worry. Often we find ourselves in the midst of daily challenges and even distressing circumstances.

And if we are not careful we can allow our feelings and emotions to control our lives.

Our feelings and emotions are a gift from God but The Word of God reminds us that we are to live by faith in the promises of God and not by feelings alone. So I thought something helpful for your Sunday afternoon would be short list of some of the promises of God;

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Romans 8:28 “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

And finally we can agree with Joshua 21:45 “Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken to the house of Israel. All came to pass.”
Someone once told me that “God’s promises are never broken no matter how hard you lean on them.”

So when you are faced with the highs and lows and the fast or slows of being human, trust in the sure promise of God and enjoy the feelings and emotions God gave you…  In that order!


No comments: