CC Radio

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Police Officers Are Great Guys

Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I like police officers...They are servants and have a very difficult job serving our country and protecting our lives. After working with them on many occasions I have grown fond of their committment to serve our society. When I see them on breaks in coffee shops or restaurants I try to take the time to thank them for choosing to serve people through their line of work.

Well, I was driving on the 101 Freeway to my office Yesterday, and as I was moving to slower lanes of traffic to get off at my exit, I noticed a Highway Patrol in the slow lane monitoring traffic.

After exiting the freeway and just before pulling into my office at church I saw those red lights that everyone hates to see right behind me. Aaarrrggg! Not a ticket! The thought of traffic school, traffic fines, cost of insurance increasing, and generally unpleasant feelings started knocking on my heart.....

But then a new thought came to mind...I could not think of any violation I had committed. I wasn't speeding and could not think of what I had done.

As the officer walked up to my car I started getting my documents out (you know the drill). As I handed him my driver's license and insurance I asked what I had done wrong. He said I had an expired registration on my license plate.

Just as he finished the sentence I found my registration (still in the envelope you get from the DMV) and there was my new sticker! I had received it 9 months ago but never put the sticker on my plate (duh!).

As soon as the officer saw my sticker he said "oh, there it is...please put it on when you arrive home sir and have a nice day."

So...I can say again with a valid experience "police officers are great guys!"

No comments: