CC Radio

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Response To CNN feedback forum

After viewing an article on CNN.com I was disheartened to read in the comment forum such Anti-American rhetoric. The one comment that moved me to respond is listed here

Copied From Forum Section Post #114 "Advice to Americans – sort your own backyard out before you try to work on someone elses. The quality of what you can offer the world is summed up in the southern states as the failure to respond to Katrina and your absolute FAILURE with the current oil spill. You "saved" the afghanis from the soviets only to be turned upon by them – go figure. America is the sickest country of the world because it cannot see how useless it is. Your 'democracy" fuels the arab rage – as it is the same "democracy" that feeds the hand of israel."

So I thought I would add my two cents....I thought I would share what I posted here on my blog....

"...I am saddend to hear you speak of this country that way. To hear you sit back and shout with keyboard and anonymity towards a country that allows this type of forum because of its foundations in freedom. BTW we give billions to Arab countries as well as Israel. Even President Clinton bombed Afgan training centers because he knew of their plans. Radical Islam is never going to be at peace with anyone who does not submit to it. They are taught to eliminate those who disagree! What was the difference between the responses after offensive drawings of Mohamed and the Urin on the picture of Jesus? People died and violent riots because of the offense against Islam. But what did Christians do? Prayed, commented in forums like this, voiced their oppinion in other ways because of the freedoms their communities have built. I am so glad I live in this country and served in the Army... I have been to Egypt and other places where freedom is just a desire that many don't even understand. Where real poverty exists.... If you don't like this country, do something about it through the wonderful system we have and the freedoms you enjoy... "

URL of Article http://afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/29/reminders-of-a-hell-for-1000-men/#comments

No comments: